I have been wondering if people with ATDs can enter ketosis. Many people on low carbohydrate diets reach ketosis or fat burning when the body no longer uses sugar but breaks down fat into ketones. If you are in ketosis, you should be able to lose fat. So why is it so hard to lose fat in ATDs such as those on this website?
I put up a little survery to see if people with ATDs are able to go into ketosis. You can buy ketone sticks to test for ketones in your urine. For example:
Shop around for a good price.
Some people need to fast for 12 hours before testing their urine after eating a small meal of low carbohydrates the night before. Some may need to fast for three days. Some people may use up their ketones in their blood and not pass any into the urine.
TAKE THE SURVEY:
The essentials of the RAD diet are as follows: Lower consumption of pasteurized dairy products, animal protein and fats, simple sugars and carbohydrates (low glycemic), salt and wheat or processed flour products, while enriching the diet with organic fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthy proteins. Avoid foods that contain lots of chemicals such as artificial preservatives, flavors, fake sweeteners like aspartame, colors and stabilizers which includes most prepared, packaged and fast foods. A lot of packaged foods have advanced glycation end products or AGEs that can cause damage in the body and increase the risk for diabetes and alzheimers. Cooked foods also have AGEs so raw foodists also support lowering your AGE consumption.
1. Lower fat consumption as fats are absorbed directly into the lymphatics.
2. Eat low glycemic index foods to lower insulin levels - insulin makes fat grow.
3. Eat lots of fresh vegetables that have enzymes that are absorbed into the lymphatics and in essence "roto-rooter" out the stagnant protein. You can add enzymes with advice from your healthcare provider.
4. Lower your salt intake if you are able so you retain less water/fluid.
5. Each time we eat we generate inflammation as the lymph system surrounds the gut. Rest the gut by takig a day off and eating liquid type foods such as soups, stews (without meat or at least with pulled meats), smoothies, protein shakes, applesauce, juiced vegetables and fruits.